Monday, April 21, 2008

A CHANGE OF PLANS.....

Yesterday PJ and I went for a walk on the boardwalk. It was soooo windy that we decided that
we would change our plans and go for our walk at Planting Fields Arboretum. While driving there, I told PJ about a Food Network special I saw Saturday night where it mentioned Stew Leonard's in Norwalk, CT. I had heard that it was a great store and it looked pretty cool on tv. PJ said "Let's go"! So off we went! It was exactly one hour from home. The parking lot was packed! It was nothing like I had expected. Supposedly it's huge but it was hard to tell because they have you going in and out of areas (like Ikea) instead of straight isles. I was NOT impressed. I thought the prices were VERY high, it was too crowded and the shoppers were annoying. You couldn't stop to look at anything without someone on your tail giving 'the look'. They had some free samples. Their tangerine juice was great but if I remember correctly, it was $10 or $14 per quart!! We ended up buying some things but mostly to see what everyone raves about. One thing that was very good is their rice cakes and sun dried tomato Hummus. I'm not a Hummus kind of person but this was really good. Their rice cakes aren't like Quaker ones either.
They have a machine where you can see them packaging the milk. That was neat.
We decided to stop at United House Wreckers on the way home. We had started going there in the '70's while we were dating.
It was the coolest place. It had TONS of salvage items from mansions all over the world. Stained glass, mantels, yankee stadium seats... everything and anything. Times have changed. Now there's a lot of reproduction items but they still had a lot of what we like... the junk!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

L ynn I cant believe how wonderful you and Pj look in this photo. Isnt it nice to look back at pictures and remember the good times you both had. You still are a wonderful good looking couples.........Judy

Lynn said...

Ahhhhh! I can always count on you to make me feel good! Yes! I love looking at old pics but it is kind of sad!