On Saturday, PJ and I took the MGB out for a drive. It was a beautiful day but SO HOT! We went and got gas. As we were pulling out of the gas station we were trying to figure out where to drive to. We usually just drive down Ocean Parkway or on the North Shore looking at the nice houses but I said "Let's go somewhere different". Well different it was! PJ said "HOW ABOUT GETTING SOME PIE"? Fine with me! We always have comments from people when we're out in the MGB. As we were driving along the LIE, some lady kept yelling at us. We didn't know what she was saying until she screamed it... "How many miles to the gallon do you get"? We thought it was so funny but I guess with gas around $4.25 a gallon, actually about $4.50 because it needs hi test, that it was actually a good question!
We drove one hour and 10 minutes to go to Briermere's Farm in Mattituck to get some pies! We saw a tour bus there and a long line but the bus was actually leaving! This place does great business. I find that amazing because the pies are EXPENSIVE! A lot of people don't know it though that whatever pies are left over from the day before, they freeze. Their frozen pies are $7.50, a much better deal!
We waited in line and finally got in the door to then wait in the tiny room to order. 
We got 2 Strawberry pies and one Blueberry Apple Pie, all frozen.It's such a cute place. They sell pies, breads, cookies, jams, vegetables and flowers.

We packed them in the trunk when I then came up with the game plan. "Let's go get roasted corn from Harbes Farm". So off we went! We drove down Sound Ave a few more miles until we came to Harbes. I've heard so much about this corn that we had to give it a try! As usual, a man came over to us and started asking about the car. He had 4 MGB's over his lifetime and was saying how much he enjoyed them. We ordered the corn. They pull back the brown husks, put a napkin around them and dip them in butter! I have to say... they were delicious!
That was such a fun spur of the moment drive!
No comments:
Post a Comment