It's been quite a while since I posted any adventures. We must be slowing down!


Chili Cook-off at The Commons

In the back in the red jacket is Samantha Izzo aka Mama Red... owner and chef of Simply Red Bistro at Sheldrake Winery. I have her cookbook Mama Red's Comfort Kitchen and it's been a family favorite. She made a delicious chili that was vegetarian and had pumpkin in it. It took first prize and was delicious.
Off to the Mardi Gras event at the Wineries. This is a 2 day event. You go from winery to winery sampling the different wines and the food that is paired with them. People dress up for the occasion. there were some really funny outfits but I felt funny taking their pictures.

This sweet lady is the 'greeter' at the King Ferry Winery. She is 93 years old!! She has had this job for MANY of years and we look forward to seeing her at each event.
Alyssa's friend Danielle. She works at the Americana Winery.
PJ and I on the deck of the Thirsty Owl

This is a small section of the vineyard at Six Mile Creek
I love seeing the geese hiding within the corn stalks. The last time we tried to get a picture of them, PJ got out of the car and shut the door. The sound of the door scared them and they all flew away. This time I just opened the window!

Robert Treman State Park waterfall. This is where we camp every year.

Buttermilk Falls

3 comments:
Gorgeous photos and looks like it was a blast!!!
Pam/tupoi
Very cool! What a beautiful and fun place to visit!
Your trip look so fun. I love the waterfall picture. I want to go there.
Post a Comment