Wednesday, January 30, 2008

OLD BURYING GROUND

Today's cemetery search wasn't as exciting as my past one. This one is called The OLD BURYING GROUND and is located on Oakfield Ave in Wantagh. I used to pass it every day going to and from work, wondering who was buried in there. Today I go to find out. I walked around and there were only 4 headstones visible. They were all JACKSON who were very prominent in Wantagh. They were however, not who I was looking for. I spoke with a couple of the town workers that were raking leaves in there. They said there's over 100 people buried in this burial ground but they don't have markers, other than the 4 that had stones. I took pictures for Hank (see story below) and sent them off to him. He does have a few ancestors that are buried in there though, they just aren't marked. Here's info and a listing of names of who's actually in there!



No comments: